Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snowed In

Yesterday we started on our way to Disneyland but only made it as far as Bakersfield. Aaron had a class for work in LA and Jonathan and I were along for the ride and planning on going to Disneyland with Krystal on Friday. But by the time we made it to Bakersfield it was raining here and snowing on the Grapevine. So we talked to my dad who found us a different route going on the 58 to the 14. But when we reached the 58 it was closed too! So we had to turn around. We were following behind the diesels going back toward Bakersfield and you could tell they had just made it through the 58 cause they were dropping big chunks of snow!!! Anyways we found a hotel in Bakersfield and stayed the night. Now we are hoping to get on the road soon. Fingers crossed the Grapevine will be open by noon. Lucky for us we have the worlds best baby!!! Jonathan was happy and good the entire trip while his parents worried. Hopefully he will be just as good for the second half of the trip!!

2 comments:

Mel's Family said...

I am so relieved everyone made it safely. Wish I was there with you. Did you get your "treats" yet? Enjoy and have lots of fun.XOXOXO

Justin & Krystal said...

Hey guys! I need you and your families to email me pictures of Disneyland. Please please please. I'd appreciate so so much. Love you guys!! Miss you. xoxoxo