Thursday, June 19, 2008

Our First Rough Night


Last night was the first time that Jonathan was difficult to handle during the course of the night. For some reason he was especially grumpy starting around 9pm and for the rest of the night. Kristen was up with him bein fussy and not sleeping well. We all went to bed about 10:30 and I fell asleep with everyone else, right away. Unknowingly, Kristen was up with Jonathan from 11ish till about 3 when he "went to sleep." When she finally put him down I woke up thinking she had just been up to feed him and gone back to sleep...I was wrong! Seeing how tired she was and the nearly unconcious look, I took Jonathan the next time he fussed out to the living room. We were up about every 30-60 minuets, very fussy. At some point while he was seelping on my chest, and I slept sitting on the couch, it occured through the many farts and burps that he might have gas pains. So, as smart as I am, I gave him some Tylenol and gas drops. Amazingly enough, just under an hour or so later, He was zonked, yes...thats the official term for it...zonked! We slept on the couch together, father and son, for the morning too. Kristen needed her sleep and if she heard a fussy baby, that would never happen. She is such a great mother that even at her wits end, she would try to help him. So, for the first time, Jonathan was a little more difficult than perfect. Secretly, Daddy loved it. Not the sick part, but the sleeping on my chest as we snuggled all night part.

2 comments:

Lauren Green said...

That is so cute. You two make the most amazing parents!

Melissa said...

Matthew loves the sleeping on the chest thing too. what a good daddy you are aaron. it was great to see you guys! we should get together soon. if you guys go back to get the pictures done, let me know. I have a coupon for a free picture for you.