Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2nd round of shots

We went to see our pediatrician for Jonathan's routine physical and 2nd set of immunizations. Everything actually went very well during the appointment. He weighs 17 pounds and is in the 50th and 60th percentile in height and weight. His heart sounded great as well. We were very pleased about that, to say the least. They checked his hemoglobin and pricked his finger to which he did not even budge.When it came time to give his shots, he wasn't so happy. He cried during the injection but once it was complete, he stopped and played with me. So, all better right??? NO. We had a horrible night and he woke up every hour or so. This was after being happy all day and playing as usual. He had a meltdown before bed but we sort of expected that. He had a bad night and was a huge booger all day. He finally calmed down after his afternoon nap, so we were on our way back to normal. Not so much.

So, he ate his 2 jars of baby food like normal.About an hour or so passes with Jonathan playing happily. Then he coughed a few times. THEN THIS CAME!!!
Not such a fun time...you can see how much is on the outside...there was twice as much down Kristen's shirt. It was disgusting!

I was amazed with Kristen though, she never flinched and didn't react by holding him away. She held him close to make sure he was alright and her only concerned was for him. It was amazing to see the "MOM" in her with such a revolting sight. She truly is a wonderful mother, just like I told her she would be before we were married. I WAS RIGHT!

P.S. I am required to tell everyone that I posted this blog despite Kristen's wish for me not to post such a "flattering" picture.

6 comments:

Lauren Call Green said...

Oh Kristen!! You are the best mommy ever! Just seeing that picture made me gag a little... I don't know what I'm going to do when it's me with the barf down my shirt! You are my hero!

Justin & Krystal said...

FRIEND....You are dead SEXY!!!! My favorite pictures of all time. LOL....I love you. Sorry your baby kinds got sick from his shots. Take care of both of you!! Love you all. ps. Thanks Aaron for posting the picture despite Kristen's objections. I theorally enjoyed it.

Justin & Krystal said...

ps. I know...I misspelled thoroughly. Hahahahaha.

Mel's Family said...

Krystal told me about this blog, but...I had to see it for myself! I hope Jonathan is feeling better now...with all that throw up out of him he should feel better! That was sweet what Aaron wrote about you being such a good mommy. I think you are too. Love you guys. XOXOXO Mel

Kimmie said...

HILARIOUS!!

Lindeyjepson said...

Hey Kristen This My mom gave me your blog! Johnathan is so cute! It will be nice to be able to keep in touch better! Hope you guys are doing well!